Parents are teachers too! You are your child’s most influential teacher, but kids learn best when home and school work together as a team. When parents and teachers team together the outcome leads to student success. Parents are welcomed partners in the Marion County School District and your input is greatly valued. Here are some resources made available for you! In addition to the resources found on this site, parents are encouraged to contact their child’s teachers, principals, counselors, and parent liaison for more information and partner opportunities.
What is the Parent Resource Center?
A safe and respectful place available to parents of Marion County School District where families can learn from each other as individuals and in groups, collaborate to develop strategies and serve as problem solvers, provide families with information and/or training on creating a home learning environment connected to formal learning opportunities, and equip families with tools to enhance and extend learning.
What can I expect to find in a Parent Resource Center?
- A lending library that offers a variety of books that can be borrowed for both parents and children dealing with family issues, parenting, homework tips, study guides, and many other topics.
- Free brochures and pamphlets that address a wide range of family, health, and educational topics.
- A computer with internet access for applying for jobs, completing financial aid applications, writing letters, resumes, etc.
- A printer
- A laminating machine (EME only)
Who can help me in the Parent Resource Center if I have a question and the room is not staffed?
Please see the Parent Liaison, Mrs. Beverly James or the front office to locate someone to assist you.
When may I use the Parent Resource Center?
- During school hours.
- Contact Beverly James at 601-736-0640 or email@example.com
Where is the Parent Resource Center located?
- EME- Principal’s old office located at the end of A-wing.
- EMH- Room behind Mrs. Womack’s office
- WMP- TBA
- WME- TBA
- WMH- Room across from front office
What do I need to do to use the Parent Resource Center?
You should report to the main office to obtain a visitor’s pass and then let school staff know that you would like to use the parent resource center.
I look forward to meeting you!
Marion County School District Parent & Homeless Liaison,